
It has been a long six months for me of not breathing well, thanks to what I first thought was bronchitis from a virus and have discovered that it is an allergic asthma instead. Last week I went to the allergist and she said my asthma was "out of control." I knew it, because I really couldn't breathe all day long. What was interesting was she had me take a breathing test where I had to blow with all my power and see if I could blow down a house made of straw, a house made of wood, and a house made of brick. It was hard and left me instead in a coughing fit. Today after a week on a steroid, I could blow down all three houses. Rrrrr. Such power. Dr. Curry did a scratch test on me and I am not allergic to cats, mold, or dust. But I am allergic to the whole outdoors--maple, birch, oak, every kind of weeds and grasses. I lit up like the Fourth of July.
3 comments:
that is so interesting. my legs have been breaking out again in a way they haven't since i was pregnant. i really need to go have that test done. i am glad you are breathing better.
Oh no! I am glad that you are breathing better, but what do all your allergies mean for the long haul? Will she put you on some allergy meds? And if you are on allergy meds, will that keep your asthma in check? I am glad to hear you can breathe again!!! Keep us posted!
I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother's and Grandmother's day. Not quite on the allergies topic, but I don't really know how these blogs work yet, so I didn't know where else to post. I hope you have a good week with JJ, and that he eats better this time :)
Post a Comment